Starting this post as honest as I can!! If you e watched my stories this week on Instagram then you already know but I definitely have a love hate relationship with Trunk Club. I love the concept, the fact that I can try on clothing at home is amazing!! However, I feel like I’ve had the worst experience with stylists! I’ve gone through at least 5 at this point and each start out amazing. But as the months go on I almost feel as if they’re no longer personalizing my trunk to me but instead inputting the same pieces of clothing into all their clients boxes.
I pride myself in being honest and open about my style and what I’m looking for in each trunk. It’s even gotten to the point where I am screenshotting a bunch of clothing to give a better idea of my style and I still felt like I wasn’t being listened to which was becoming a problem.
After this trunk I’ve contacted Trunk Club and we ended up switching my stylist again. I’m remaining hopeful because the concept truly is genius but just wanted to preface my current thoughts and this trunk is definitely not one of my favorites.
Ok, now that that’s out of the way we can dive into this box.
- Linen Dress– this dress is cute on the hanger but just didn’t have the right fit for me. I was sent a small and it had extra fabrics under my armpits as well as my waist however the buttons were giving the appearance of pulling so I wouldn’t be able to size down. This color also was a little sheer so I would definitely pair it with a slip.
- T-Shirt Dress– my past stylist has been trying to push this brand on me and I just don’t like it. The dress is soft and well made but it’s just not my personal style. I’m in a small and feel like it’s true to size.
- Wrap Dress– the only reason I got this I clouded in my trunk is because I requested this brand. The dress is on the pricier side but the quality is amazing. The V was a little too low and I think I want to try this in a medium to see if that fixes the issue.
- Tee– I love the color of this tee and the fit is very casual. I love the raw hem detail and am wearing the xsmall.
- Denim Shorts– size down at least one in these shorts. They have a lot of stretch! The length is perfect and can even be rolled up if wanted.
- Button Down Top– this is HUGE and would recommend sizing down for a normal fit.
Honestly, I don’t even want to link either of these!! The white denim are overpriced for the quality and completely see through!! For the price you can find a much better pair! As for the top, not my style what so ever! And if you’re following along with me then the odds are it’s not your style as well.
- Sunglasses– these sunnies are great, just not what I’m currently looking for. Love the classic style of these! Definitely timeless.
- Canteen Bag– very on trend this season. Felt like it was a good quality and had plenty of room for the necessities.
- Wedges– confused why these were included after saying I already bought wedges for this summer but here they are. They’re Soludos so definitely well made but once again just not what I need.
- Sandals– these sandals are amazing, so amazing that I own these in a different color. I know for a fact I’ve already shared that info with my stylist because she’s sent them to me before as well so it tends to get a little frustrating when I have to constantly repeat myself.
And that’s a wrap. This trunk is far from my favorite but I’ll be sure to keep you all updated now that I’ve changed stylists. 💋